|ID:||20170870 - CT|
Founded in 2006, HPOne is a leading sales and marketing organization that operates across multiple segments of the Medicare and health insurance marketplaces. Using proprietary technology solutions coupled with deep industry knowledge, the company provides a range of outsourced sales, marketing and contact services for national and regional health plans, operates private exchanges for individual consumers and employer-based group retirees, and manages the largest exclusive Medicare lead generation marketplace in the industry. HPOne’s core differentiation is its exclusive focus on the health insurance industry, bringing innovative and performance-based solutions that address the most pressing challenges facing clients. With four state-of-the-art contact centers around the country and a management team with an average of over 15 years in the health insurance industry, HPOne provides its clients with the solutions they need to profitably grow and manage their business. For five consecutive years, HPOne has been named to Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America, earning a rank of 357 in 2016.
Location: Trumbull, CT
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong accounting and Excel skills to join a rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of post-graduate accounting experience and a strong understanding of accounting, finance and internal control principles. The senior accountant will need to have strong organizational & communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with personnel in all areas of the business. The successful candidate will work extensively with and report to the Controller assisting with all aspects of the accounting function. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a variety of accounting software tools and will be comfortable helping to develop new departmental policies and procedures. It is envisioned that the senior accountant will supervise the activities of a staff accountant.
- Execute monthly billing arrangements accurately and timely in accordance with client guidelines
- Process credit card billing
- Maintain and manage the accounts receivable ledger
- Maintain and manage the revenue ledger
- Record payroll
- Ensure that all balance sheet and key P&L account reconciliations are prepared on a timely basis and that reconciling items are researched and resolved promptly
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Assist Controller with monthly accounting close process and checklist
- Assist Controller with managing audits and tax engagements
- Assist Controller with developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Assist Controller and FP&A Director with the completion of the monthly financial statements
- Complete ad hoc data and analysis requests as necessary for Controller & CFO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounting
- Some public accounting experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience working with accounting, payroll and other financial software packages.
- Experience in the health care sector a strong plus
- Advanced Excel experience including VLOOKUP and Pivot tables.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail required.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team a strong plus
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, variable environment
- Self-motivated and independent with both the ability to think on your own and within a team
- Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Candidates with a strong desire to work in the health Insurance industry preferred
HPOne is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity throughout all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. HPOne requires the necessary drug testing and background checks as part of our pre-employment practices.