Director of Reporting & Analytics
|Title:||Director of Reporting & Analytics|
DescriptionFounded in 2006, HPOne is a leading sales and marketing organization that operates across multiple segments of the Medicare and health insurance marketplaces. Using proprietary technology solutions coupled with deep industry knowledge, the company provides a range of outsourced sales, marketing and contact services for national and regional health plans, operates private exchanges for individual consumers and employer-based group retirees, and manages the largest exclusive Medicare lead generation marketplace in the industry. HPOne’s core differentiation is its exclusive focus on the health insurance industry, bringing innovative and performance-based solutions that address the most pressing challenges facing clients. With four state-of-the-art contact centers around the country and a management team with an average of over 15 years in the health insurance industry, HPOne provides its clients with the solutions they need to profitably grow and manage their business. For five consecutive years, HPOne has been named to Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America, earning a rank of 357 in 2016.
HPOne is looking for a Director of Reporting and Analytics to be the leading change agent in an organization that is data rich but insight poor. You must be passionate about the role of data and predictive analytics in modern business and be willing to be the unwavering champion that helps the business transform itself into an efficient, data-driven machine. You will be directly responsible for translating data into meaningful insight that drives top line revenue and EBITDA expansion – and as such have tangible business goals tied to your compensation. You will lead a small team of technical business analysts, but will work collaboratively with finance, IT, Operations, and product. You must have experience applying statistical and data science techniques to real world business problems. You must have not only a technical fluency with data preparation, data analytics, and predictive modelling – but also the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional matrixed environment – and as such have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. You must also bring a point of view to the table on the right IT infrastructure to support your group and have the project management skills to work with IT to build this infrastructure from the ground up.
Location: Trumbull, CT
- Work collaboratively with IT to develop a comprehensive data governance structure
- Work collaboratively with IT and the business to build and implement the right analytics, reporting and predictive modelling infrastructure.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and implement effective partner/client reporting in accordance with master service agreements and statements of work
- Work collaboratively with the Director of financial planning & analysis to develop and distribute standard KPI reports on overall business results to each function on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Develop smart, compelling dashboards and reports to track KPI’s, identify trends, and monitor organization initiatives
- Collaborate with the business to explore datasets, formulate hypotheses, then provide statistically grounded recommendations to the business to drive material improvements in revenue and operating costs.
- Work with the product team to “productize” and commercialize key predictive algorithms and capabilities
- Build, lead and develop a cohort of talented data analysts
- Bachelor’s degree required; major or significant coursework in at least one of the following strongly preferred: mathematics, business, analytical marketing, information systems, programming/databases, statistics/statistical modeling, finance, or economics
- 5-7 years of experience in health care or IT business analytics, financial reporting/analysis
- Excellent attention to detail, superior communication skills, and ability to take raw data and produce useable insights
- Previous experience supporting a commercial organization with reports and analytics that drive business improvements and optimizations
- Prior hands-on experience working with off-the-shelve commercially available BI, predictive analytics, and dashboarding
- Highly proficient in Microsoft programs, specifically Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
- Effective formal presentation skills in a variety of settings
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in a positive and supportive manner
- Strong outcome-oriented analytical abilities, organization and process management skills
- Strong problem solving, planning and decision making skills, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization
- Fluency in SQL highly desired but not required